Saturday, January 19, 2008

GA II

This was a very long break because of some serious reasons. Now I'm back in the blogosphere, and the posts on the business of classical music will continue; from the next post though.

For the time being few comments on my military service up to now. It was like that: 5,5 weeks in Corinth for the basic training, 1 week for special training in Sparta, 1 week in Athens as part of my Christmas leave, and finally 3 weeks at the general military hospital of Athens (410 ΓΣΝΑ) for the treatment and early healing of a "deep venous thrombosis and a (small) pneumonic embolism". Since last Thursday, I'm a citizen again, and free from the army for a year. As long as the therapy will last, at least for now...

I have to stay in Athens for the next few months, since flying with planes is a bit dangerous for my condition. I'll be able to follow the city's -and country's- art events closer.

I had a good time as a private, I had luck with my officers, very good ones, though not everyone was as lucky as I was. But as far as I'm concerned, I have no complaints to make. It was more like a college with strict rules, or something like that... And of course one more reason for feeling good about this experience was the hospital, far better than any other public Greek hospital.

So, that's all for now, have a happy new year with lots of good listening and health. Cheers!

buzz it!

6 comments:

IdentityCafe said...

Στεφανε εμαθα τα νεα απο τη Τζωρτζ...εξεπλαγην. Δεν γνωριζω λπτομερειες ομως.
Περαστικα σου ευχομαι.
Να προσεχεις πολυ. INR 2.0-3.0
Χαιρετισματα!

Στέφανος Νάσος said...

Ευχαριστώ, να'σαι καλά!

mamapatrida said...

Στέφανε εύχομαι περαστικά και γρήγορα!
Εγώ συνεχίζω, στην Aθήνα πλέον, φυλάω τον Υμηττό από τον εχθρό... Καλά είναι τα πράγματα, αν και ο Φεβρουάριος αναμένεται να είναι δύσκολος μήνας. Αλλά πού θα πάει, τελειώνει το βάσανο!

Στέφανος Νάσος said...

Ο γάιδαρος έφυγε, η ουρά μόνο μένει...
Και γιατί δύσκολος ο Φλεβάρης; (Β' ΕΣΣΟ είσαι; η 299;)

mamapatrida said...

Ναι, 299. Για 2 ακόμα μέρες αδειούχος, μετά θα έχω την τιμή να σας φυλάω και πάλι...
Θέλω κάποια στιγμή να γράψω ένα τελευταίο σχόλιο και να το κλείσω το blog, γιατί τους βαρέθηκα...

Libero Mureddu said...

ela filaraki,
sad to hear what happened to you... well, here in italy is quite ok, except the government... but I can say we had many of them, at least :-)

Waiting some more articles about music!

ciao ciao

libero