Saturday, September 08, 2007

Various post-summer thoughts

It's been a long summer for me this one. Three weeks in Athens, between the 2nd and 3rd of the heat waves that hit the country this year. In the beginning of August, while I was there, there were no concerts in the capital. Everything -if anything- happens in the country side; mostly on islands. Festivals -mainly chamber music- here and there. I did have however a break on listening classical music. More important -unfortunate- events did occur in Greece, and the forests got burnt once again -during the last heat wave.

I'm back in Helsinki, were I missed the annual festival of the city. I just made it to the last concert -I was rather taken there: Viktoria Mullova and Katia Labèque had a chamber music concert in Finlandia house. Nothing special; maybe even disappointing, mainly because it was a routine concert for them; at least this is how it felt to me. But what was even more disturbing is the fact that they are so different musicians -in character, background, roots, musicianship, and even abilities, that I was just wondering why they're playing together... And it happens since 2001. Initially I thought thay might have the same agent, but this is not the case... who knows...

Anyway, I'll be for one more month in Helsinki, after that I move back to Greece; temporarily. You see, they're gonna make a man out of me. They're going to teach me how to shoot with a gun, and make my bed, and meet new people, and, and, and. All that, and even more, in the Greek army... Maybe the mistake of my life, I think however that -after 13 years in music schools and academies here and there- this is going to turn out to a nice break from the fabulous world of classical music. Does this sound negative? Maybe... in any case, there's not much interesting happening in my life as far as classical music at least is concerned. I'll try to write now once and again... Cheers!

PS: I forgot the "thoughts" of the post title... in the next one.

buzz it!

4 comments:

proinos said...

Η πατρίδα καλεί...
Ας ευχηθούμε μια χρονιά όχι εντελώς χαμένη!

Στέφανος Νάσος said...

Ευχαριστώ πολύ!

Δε νομίζω να πάει χαμένη, μάλλον δάση θα φυλάω το επόμενο καλοκαίρι...

proinos said...

Οι "παληοί" δεν φυλάνε δάση...!

mamapatrida said...

Στέφανε το μόνο που μπορώ να πω είναι... good luck!
Η χρονιά χαμένη είναι σίγουρα, αλλά κοίτα να την διασκεδάσεις όσο γίνεται. Δες το σαν ένα θέατρο που πρέπει να παίξεις, αυτό είναι όλο.
Το καλό είναι πάντως ότι συνήθως σέβονται (μέχρι κάποιο σημείο) τα χρόνια σου και τις σπουδές σου.

Όσο για τα δάση... Σιγά μην τα φυλάς. Κάτι σκοπιές στη μέση του πουθενά θα έχεις και δε θα κοιτάς έξω από το στρατόπεδο μην έρθει εχθρός(!). Μέσα θα προσέχεις μην έρθει έφοδος και σε δει να κάθεσαι...