Monday, January 15, 2007

Something different (v1.2)

It was a strange day today. Not in a musical sense... I was waiting at the bus stop, when I witnessed a rather shocking event: a Finn in his mid '40s was bullying an older African! Both of them male, the Finn however was drunk, and from the lower financial class, a duunari as they would call him here.

Why it was shocking? Well, there was no physical violence, just the threat of it. Oh yes: I was close enough to listen to their "dialogue". But at some point the Finn pulled a knife, and not only that but soon a second one. The African guy -a Somalian, I guess- remained calm, so the Finn did put the knifes back...

What pissed off the Finn, was the fact that the African did not speak Finnish very well [as if himself was speaking like a university professor, haha], and he also threatened to call the police if the Finn would continue to disturb him.

I almost called the police myself. But I was a chicken, and just stoped the call... What was shocking for me from the whole incident was the hate I felt for this Finn. A genuine wish-you-to-die motherf@Cκεr feeling. I get this kind of feelings very rarely, once every few years, and they still shock me everytime.

By the way: I live in a very safe neighborhood of Helsinki, and this happened at 12.40 in the daytime...

Just in case, someone says -or writes- again that Finland is a paradise...

Cheers!

NB: As you can see, I've invited some people to write in this blog. Hopefully, it will get more interesting this way.

buzz it!

5 comments:

Arturo said...

MY GOD! Sounds worse than the so called "dangreous" russian streets!. It's quite funny that in russia usually drunks are not dangreous but here even they are loaded with knives. Well, its difficult to generalize but....

Cheers!

Arturo.

Στέφανος Νάσος said...

we can see who wrote it; no need to sign...

Yes, Finland is dangerous for people like you, with darker complexion... ;-)

Arturo said...

Well, its not only about that. When you are drunk there are no differences, just who dared to look at you in the wrong moment. By the way, if i will be drunk and i happen to see somebody with your hairstyle probably i will take the knives to cut your hair (or maybe your brains).

Skäll!

Στέφανος Νάσος said...

oohhh, scary...

Arturo said...

Then the moral is that it's DANGREOUS to live in a country in which you have many alcoholics walking with knives looking for dark skin people or whomever comes to look at them in the wrong moment. :-)