Sunday, December 17, 2006

In the future

People -that is mainly friends and Sibelius Academy students- keep asking me, what I am going to do in the future, now that I got my doctoral degree. So, let's see together what I can do.

I could stay in Finland and get a job as a musician. Theoretically possible, practically yet unrealistic... I could go back to Greece... haha... Maybe in 5 or 10 years. Right now, it wouldn't be the best solution. Not to mention that if I go back, I would have to fight for 2 persons (for Jaana as well...) And I don't think I would like to put her into this.

Alternatives: 1. The S-market across the street is a very good option. I'm sure they do want young persons over there. 2. The post is just 10 minutes walk away from our place. They might as well need some people there. For sure they would like to have employers there for certain periods of the year. You know, Christmas, summer etc... The alternatives might not sound to many of you as attractive as the "mainstream" ideas. They are however, more prosperous (financially speaking).

Of course there is the third possibility: change branch! Yes, become a cook and try to seduce the population of Helsinki with a good restaurant. Somewhere around the city, not in the center.

buzz it!

1 comment:

Στέφανος Νάσος said...

Danke für Dein Kommentar Helene!
Nächtses mal klick mal auf "comment"... liebe Grüsse.