Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Autumn Madness

During this time of the year there is a usual phenomenon in Finland --and the rest of this world's countries that are so far from the equator, I guess. The darkness starts to get on the nerves of people. The sun (if the clouds wish so) comes up just around 8am and goes down already around 4pm, and the more we're closing down to 21st of December the darker it gets... From the lack of sun, mostly the local people are affected, or the foreigners that have lived here for too long --over 10 years. How are they affected? Well, they lose their energy. They get slower, a nd slower, and some days even more slow... But, I think I have found a good treatment for that. One should go away for about a week -or two, preferably to a more sunny place. I've been doing that the last 3 years, at least, and it works. It doesn't matter, whether the reason is business or pleasure, as far as it is few days away at the end of October- beginning of November. I will do my cure next week, when I'm going to be away for just 4 days, but this time it will be enough. take care.

buzz it!

2 comments:

Odysseas said...

Enjoy your time in the sun!
I was in Stockholm once in January and there was light from 10am-2pm. Of course I didn't see the sun at all during the 5 days I spent there!
It was kind of fun for a few days, but I'm sure it's not so much fun if you live there.
But then it's quite nice in the summer, with lots of light.

Good luck with finishing your Ph.D.!

If you want send me an email (you can find it in my profile), I think we know each other!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.